MISSION AND PRINCIPAL ACTIVIES
Attendance and involvement at work:
- Observe the MSF charter.
- Perform all activity in line with the MSF protocols and procedures.
- Respect the time schedule and be at work on time (flexible at anytime).
- Maintain good relationship with other team members.
- Adhere to MSF Hygiene and Sterilization protocols.
1. Application of basic hygiene rules
- Respects the clean and dirty circuits.
- When at work, the sterilization technician wears surgical scrubs, cap, mask,and non-sterile gloves.
- Clean and disinfect work equipment and surfaces.
- Ensuring the cleanless of the sterilization room and the surroundings.
- Puts on clean set of above clothes each day.
- Performs antiseptic handwashing upon entering the room, and before handling equipment.
- Changes the clothes and shoes at IN and OUT.
2. Description of tasks.
- Follow the standard precautions.
- Follow the schedule of tasks set for the service.
- Receives the dirty medical devices from Operation Theatre and other clinicaldepartments.
- Pre-disinfect and clean soiled medical devices.
- Check and pack devices taking note in event of damage or incomplete set.
- Check and fold the clean linen taking note in event of damage, incomplete setor low quality of laundry procedure.
- Steam sterilizes devices as indicated following strictly the MSF protocol.
- Monitor the effectiveness of thesterilization cycle taking note at register.
- Identify each sterilized packaccording to the respective wards in the register book.
- Store and managed the sterilizeddevices.
- Distribute the sterilizeddevices to respective departments.
- Participate in inventory ofequipment and materials.
- Participating in on-goingpersonnel training (sterilization, hygiene etc.)
- Participating in medicalmeetings,monthly and when necessary.
- Inform direct supervisor inevent of error without delay